Objectives of the Workshop
The idea of this workshop to bring together an international group of eminent scientists, research scholars, implementers, financiers and policy makers across the globe working in the field of decentralized solar technologies, which will bring the myriad of ideas to overcome the barriers and obstacles faced by decentralized solar products developers, social entrepreneurs, and equity investors in achieving the target and their growth. The broad objectives of this workshop are:
- To discuss how to accelerate global electricity access, especially in South Asia and sub-Saharan Africa, and sustain it?
- To raise an open dialogue around the technology/implementation/policy issues concerning decentralized electricity solutions and analysis of the opportunities and challenges hindering electricity access globally.
- To recognize, why decentralized solar solutions is important & how it can complement the grid in attaining universal electricity access?
- To discuss the possibilities of decentralized solar electricity provide adequate, reliable and affordable solutions for households & businesses in the remote rural areas and be seen as a permanent electricity solutions.
- How to augment grid electricity users with an efficient loads and storage?
- A comprehensive report of 40-50 pages, as well as brief executive summary on various aspects of technology, economic, social, environmental as well as institutional from the perspective of electricity access. It is envisaged that such a report would be useful to various country governments and agencies in developing countries to make appropriate policies and plans.
- Bring out scientific publication capturing the latest development in the sector based on the work of participants.
Participation is by invitation only. IIT Bombay will provide accommodation, food and local hospitality for all invitees to attend the International workshop in the IIT Bombay guest house. Traveling allowances will not be provided by IIT Bombay.
At IIT Bombay, we have expertise exists in the field of renewable energy research at Energy Science and Engineering Department, Humanities & Social Sciences Department and Center for Technology Alternatives for Rural Areas. IIT Bombay has recognized the issues obstructing the widespread use of off-grid solar electricity solutions and come up with the mechanism wherein local communities gets involved in various activities related to assembly & distribution (A&D), maintenance and manufacturing of solar products, for providing permanent and reliable off-grid solutions.
IIT Bombay, Powai
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
The workshop is planned at Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay, as part of the ongoing research project, on off-grid solutions for rural areas titled "Solar Urja through Localization for Sustainability (SoULS)
For any queries fillout the form below or get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org